Fax overload no longer a problem for Old Mutual
In 2004, one of the biggest problems facing multi-national financial institution Old Mutual was the sheer volume of the 10,000 faxed pages it had to deal with daily. In addition, there were usually crucial time deadlines associated with the faxes. Documents had to be delivered to the right people at the right department within a specified time, as well as being tracked and monitored. With many of these faxes constituting financial documents, security was also paramount. Old Mutual needed a solution that would:
- Ensure that documents reached the right people, in the right departments – within a specified time period
- Provide tracking and monitoring of documents
- Guarantee the security and confidentiality of faxes, as many constituted financial documents that contained private information
FirstCoast recommended 120-channel OpenText RightFax as the solution to handle large volumes of electronic faxes. This product also ensures that faxes are distributed to the designated people in the relevant departments within a specified time limit – and provides document tracking. The result was a boost in the productivity of Old Mutual’s staff and reduced the frustration and stress of failing to meet time deadlines for document delivery. Technical information: The products and services that FirstCoast used to streamline Old Mutual’s document management are:
- OpenText RightFax: Reliable and robust fax software solutions to integrate and automate the flow of a full range of fax, paper and electronic documents and data.
- Software support: FirstCoast offers Service Level Agreements for all installations of our software range to ensure continuity and optimisation of our customers’ investments.
More information For more information or to find out how FirstCoast can help your company reduce costs by digitising your faxes and documentation distribution, please contact FirstCoast Technologies to see what we can do for you.